Sunday 29 January 2012

Creating My Initial Album Cover - Prototype 1

I have created several different ideas for my album cover, to try different techniques to then further decide what I would like my final album cover to look like.

My first idea is this -



This album cover is based on an image of Adele her self. An idea I got from the album cover analysis of Duffy's cover is the text. I used this technique to re enforce the idea of a personal touch which I think is important for an artist the hand written name with an 'x' to give that extra girlyness showing affection to her fans. The brown of the background i thought would show off the image the best, as well as setting the tone of her songs. The variety of songs the audience will find on this album are an easy listen nothing to loud with a relaxing down to earth feel. The scribble effect I used when creating this album on photoshop is to connotate that nothing permanent. This is a saying that is used by my artist a lot and that is a strong belief On the real copy I will be using my own image that will also be a natural looking image nothing to posed as the fans will recognise she is just being herself.

My second idea -

This is my second idea for my album cover, is this strong paint image with the artist name and album name clear on the cover with a slight red tint. All factors relating straight to my artist, firstly the red tint to the cover applied after the black and white effect is showing how its striped right back but with slight tint of colour. This is connotating the songs on the album how it is resembling the heartache the sole source of the mood of the songs on the album. The paint splatter is creating the look of mess and the artist is underneath the mess. Connotating that the real person is underneath all the mess and splatter. Creating an interesting image and meaning that could intrigue the audience. The text of the album name and the artist name (which will be replaced with my artist name) clear on this image in informative font but a female and freindly font inviting the public to buy the record.

The third idea -

This image is black and white with text layer over the top in colour reading 'Hanna' the artist name even though not too clear compressed on here. The colour is the key message in the cover, the black and while showing simplicity of the artist added with the bright colour effect of the text with her name showing that her voice could bring the brightness needed in to her audience's life. The strong eye contact is crucial in this album as she is making that connection with the audience instantly persuading them to purchase. The simple and plain back ground means that the focus is immediately directed to her name, more memorable. If I wanted to make this my final album cover I would need to improve the coloured letters to make it clearer to read.

I like all these ideas when it comes to creating my final cover I will use an original image of my created artist 'Hanna'

No comments:

Post a Comment