Sunday 29 January 2012

Reflective Analysis So Far - Part One

I have analysed music videos, and album covers that are similar genre to the artist I will be creating and marketing, this has allowed me to look at the codes and conventions that should appear on my album cover as well as in the music video. I have talked about key points and explained the purpose of each feature. This has opened my mind up to what I should be thinking about doing for my promotional pack.
From Jessie J's simplistic performance/concept video I have taken the idea of simple shots with simple editing to create the emotional feel I want to convey in my own video.
Beyonce's If I Were A Boy, is a strong narrative based video. I love having a twist in the storyline shown in the visuals and the clear relationship between lyrics and visuals relating to the concept from goodwin's theory.
Birdy's concept/performance video is similar to Jessie J's with the code and conventions with editing but creating a completely different feel that I would like the channel into my video. The strong use of mise en scene throughout the video with clear planning made me consider this about my video and start to plan the details.

The album cover research has helped me a great deal, when looking for artist that are similar to my future artist helped me gain knowledge of what is needed on a album cover. Using two quiet different covers let me broaden my initial ides when it came to creating my own. From this task i was aware of each feature that is important when creating my own, the picture, background, text, colour scheme, layout, setting, position in frame and many more.

My next step is to start thinking about the life story of my artist which will therefore help me tune the details in which I can then go on to creating a demo album cover without using my own images but thinking about the techniques or ideas that I want to experiment with. In the next section I will also be looking at artists biographies and how I plan to write my own, thinking about the mode of address, the way I want my artist to be seen etc etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment